Podiatry - JE Part B
If provided by a physician (M.D.) or a Medicare-certified podiatrist (doctor of podiatric medicine, or DPM), medically necessary care for treatment of injury, disease, or other medical conditions affecting the foot, ankle, or lower leg is covered by Medicare Part B. Routine foot care that's not medically necessary is not covered.
Access the below podiatry related information from this page.
- Conditions that May Justify Foot Care Coverage
- Exclusions from Foot Care Coverage
- Foot Care for Patients with Chronic Disease
- Lower Extremity Wound Care
- Therapeutic Shoes for Persons with Diabetes: Decision-Making and Ordering
Last Updated Wed, 12 Feb 2020 12:09:32 +0000
The below are topic specific articles which have been published to "Latest Updates" and sent out in Noridian emails within the past two years. Exclusions to this include time sensitive related announcements such as: Noridian and CMS educational events, Ask-the-Contractor Teleconferences and claims processing downtime.